Friday, March 13, 2009

Charles gets a sweet ride...


A little off the Triabetes beaten path, but it is fun to post that Charles now has a sweet new ride! We spent the entire afternoon at "bike-o-rama", a tradition I attend every year! Bike-o-rama consists of everything you need to start biking, keep biking, and everything you don't need but want to buy anyway.

When Charles and I met, he probably didn't see road biking in his future. Today he walked proudly out of the sale with a Fuji Roubaix ride, Crank brothers pedals, sidi shoes, Rudy Project helmet, pearl isumi shorts, gloves, water bottle cages and a wireless computer to track the distance he rides his first season!

In 2004 I walked in to bike-o-rama myself and hadn't a CLUE what to get, had my hand held figuratively as I picked out my first gear - it felt good to share the knowledge and get him set up and smiling on his way out the door.

Tomorrow it is 51 degrees here in Madison, Wisconsin! WOOHOO! It's time for the traditional Paoli loop at 11:00 am with friends tomorrow.... hope I see you out there! In the meantime, in case you are wondering I only bought a pair of Shebeest tri shorts! They are hot!

No comments: