Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Easter Drowning would not be cool...




Ok, so today we all wake up fresh, Brian goes for a Madison 13 mile-ish run, I'm up cooking the ham, and then preparing all the food...

So late in the day I have the Triabetes crew of Brian, Nella, Ray and Elisa here along with my family and Charles' family. The pool has been shocked one time only, its still COLD in Wisconsin people! So, imagine our surprise as we here a splash and realize 6 year old Mason is in the pool and Joey is screaming it. Everyone runs. But in the time it took for me to run to the pool, Brian, marathon superstar, is already in the pool. We were all in rescue mode, but Brian was sauced including his blackberry (nonfunctioning), dexcom cgm (nonfunctioning) and his Animas pump (functioning!!!). Sigh.

After the excitment the kids re-enacted the wonderful excitment on facebook for us. We all laughed as they imitated me "oh, my triabetes ATHLETE is saving someone! He's amazing!". Hm...Offended, I was. But, a good sport. (ok, not really a good sport, but I pretended to be.)

So he saves the boy, we have fun...Triabetes rocks on, Easter style....

1 comment:

jpnairn said...

Brian is a hero yet again. Kudos!
My cynical mind wondered for an instant if it was, perhaps, not mere chance that Brian was there when the boy "fell" into the pool.
But then I read that Brian's Blackberry died, so I knew it wasn't a set up.
Way to go, Brian!