Sunday, February 10, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside (or, I really can't stay)

No way am I going outside. -3 below without windchill. I woke up this morning to the sound of wind ripping things off my deck. I did some quick re-thinking of doing that 2.5 hour spin this morning at the club. No one would miss me...

I slept another hour.

It's ok, right? I did spin & a movie in my living room (a tradition) with some good friends on Friday for two hours.

I am excited because on Wednesday I am holding my JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes Info Meeting where new riders meet with "seasoned" riders to sign up and learn about the four rides we have this year. It always makes me remember signing myself up and how scared I was. What a great decision I made that day in 2004, eh?

I have finally filmed my entry to win a sweet new bike, coaching, wetsuit, zipp wheels.... it will be up and running soon enough after a few tweaks. The contest is about showing the world what you are doing to improve the endurance community, so it was the perfect venue for me to go on and on about the Triabetes Documentary! More to come on this.

I also heard from my good friend, Sean Busby, who will be hosting a snowboarding camp at Mt. Hood this year. (www.ridingoninsulin.com) He really wants Jesse to go, but I have to keep reminding Sean that single moms can't afford that :( Good guy that he is, he offered to take Jesse under his wing, fly him to Salt Lake City, where the two will drive to Oregon together. He'll stay with Sean, and Sean will get his sponsors to fund the rest. How cool is that? Then I took a deep breath and told myself Jesse will be fine on an airplane managing his diabetes. Ugh.

Ok, I'm off for a beer and burrito at Pasquals....my favorite.... :)

2 comments:

Anne Findlay said...

okay so you'll go outside for a beer but not for a spin? :) I can't say anything... I think it was at least 60 deg today as we went running around Mt. Tam.

That is awesome about Jesse getting to go... Don't worry, he'll manage okay.

Michelle said...

Yes, you don't know me well yet, do you? You can coerce me out with a beer at 4:30 p.m., but not for a spin at 7:00 a.m. Ask anyone who trained for IM with me last time! LOL