Saturday, February 23, 2008

Heat Wave in Wisconsin


When I say heat wave, I know what you are thinking. Sunny skies, cool breeze, dirt kicking up under your 750s as you take that corner leaning the way your coach taught you, but just a little too fast so you are grinning just a little....so warm in fact, you are forced to unzip and take off that really sweet JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes bike jersey even though you are impressed by the fact that the 2007 jersey is red/white/blue instead of some form of yellow?


Nope.


It's 22 degrees right now. HEAT WAVE in Wisconsin. I'll take it. I've got my gear on, laced up my shoes....and ah, procrastinating obviously because here I sit typing on my blog right? I can't help it, I've let myself go, training wise, and even the 4 mile run I've planned for today on the crunchy snow scares me a bit.
But as the www.triabetes.org website reminds me, over and over and over and over.
6 months
11 days
19 hours
21 minutes
41 seconds
UNTIL IRONMAN WISCONSIN.
I better get moving! I've had the flu twice, endured all 3 kids with it, even had to force my 7 year old to make us all soup one night - Joey was happy to take care of us. (that was fun to type)
I think I'll put Target on my running route today so I can buy some new running socks. It will give me a goal to focus on. I'm still a girl at heart, what can I say?
Shoot. I'm down to 19 minutes and 32 seconds.

No comments: