Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bad Medicine...is what I needed





"So, Michelle....where've you been spinning these days?", said the friend who teaches spinning, via happy email.

Michelle looks around the room. She glances nervously to the right and spots her trusted steed, Johnny C, hooked up faithfully to his cyclops fluid 2 trainer, gently collecting delicate powder we call....dust....

"Ummmm....nowhere? Ah, when are you teaching class?" says an out of shape Ironman Sign-upper who hasn't done a damn thing.

Says evil friend/spin instructor, "Tonight at 6:30 p.m. See you there!

I walked into my club, got on my fabulous JDRF spankin' new bike shorts, filled the water bottle, got the cycle ready, climbed on.

Giddy up.

The music started and WOW...did I miss spinning class! What was I thinking blowing off the club all this time??? I got in my groove and grinned like an idiot during Bon Jovi's "Bad Medicine" as I cranked up my standing climb and grinned for those 5 minutes of painful climbing. Oh yeah, bring it on!

Thanks, Ryan, for getting this butt back in the saddle....tomorrow morning I plan to run on the fresh powder (errrr...ah....I really mean that sickening 8 more inches getting DUMPED on us) and go for a swim.....

Next post is going to be about the giving of others and general kindness rumored......film at 11.

No comments: